Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dave's IPA

It's done. Bottled. Secondary fermentation.



It's weighed in at a healthy 7.0% ABV and is tasting nice and hoppy. If anything, going by the taste immediately after fermentation it is lacking a little bit of body so I will change the malt structure the next time that I do another IPA.

I'll use different hops too, so really it will be totally different.

Why don't I wait to sample it properly after the secondary fermentation to make my judgement? That's a fair question. Maybe I'll sit tight. You've convinced me.

I want to make another IPA straight away to tinker with the recipe, but I also have a number of other styles that I am dying to try making. Isn't there an easy solution? Not immediately. Get another fermenter? Get two more fermenters?

This has been considered. Carefully. I don't know if I can justify it yet, but it's definitely something that will be thought over. Maybe thought of over a couple of the IPA's.

In summary, I'm pretty happy so far with how this has turned out.

You'll be kept up to date with a sample after some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment