Saturday, April 9, 2011

Carlyon Strong Ale

A new brew?

Not at all. I have just come to discover that the attempt at the IPA that was attempted has failed and the result was a strong ale.

The Fuggles hops that were dry hopped has given me a slight floral aroma, if anything and very little hop character in the flavour.

We're about 5 weeks since these suckers were bottled and we do have a big, bold ale from an alcohol standpoint but it's not what was envisioned originally.

I've since discovered that this beer is not unlike the 3 Ravens Uber Blond, and the Prickly Moses Extra Strong Ale. This might sound like bragging, but if you've tasted all three beers you'll probably understand what I mean.

For those following at home (and this is probably just me) the name has changed to Carlyon Strong Ale because I have changed premises to the Carlyon Manor and this is now the site of all beers produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment