Monday, February 21, 2011

Dave's Pale Ale

First sample!

The pleasantly mediocre Pale Ale
Let's not get excited about it, this was a pure packet pale ale. No ground breaking ideas, and no hops! No hops for goodness sake!

I don't know what I was thinking.

Anyway, we'll put that elementary error behind us for now. The ale is only two weeks in the bottle but it seems like a reasonable time to give it a spin to make sure it isn't poisonous or spoiled or anything toxic like that.

I'm alive enough to complete this post. Let's consider this the first victory along the way.

Quite drinkable though (not overly aromatic or bitter due the absence of hops. I thought we were going to to drop the whole hop debacle? Forget it.) with a clean flavour and light body. With the low ABV and inoffensive flavour it's fairly sessionable but I would want to have something else there for taste.

Let's give it a month or so and see how it matures.

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment